Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
leockw
New Contributor

How to add traffic shaper to a policy?

Dear all,

How can I add a traffic shaper to a single policy as attached screen capture? Is it need to edit in CLI?

Leo

1 Solution
Tom99
New Contributor II

The CLI commands inside the policy are

set traffic-shaper "guarantee-4M" set traffic-shaper-reverse "guarantee-4M"

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

What version are you running on your FGT? My 6.2 doesn't even show Traffic Shaping section on a policy any more. But as your GUI is showing, your version has "Shaping Policy" setting in the menu. Use that one instead. Unless you have to mark packets with DSCP and your version's shaping policy doesn't allow marking, you really don't have to use traffic shaping on a policy. In that case, you have to use CLI anyway.

leockw

Hi Toshi Esumi,

It is 6.0.11 build0387(GA) running on a 90D, it is setup and provided by tel-co.

Since we are switching to another tel-co, therefore, we need to replace it by a new purchase 80E. If it need to use CLI to setup the traffic shaping in a policy, then, I would like to know what is the command use to setup.

Thanks in advance.

Leo

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

If you buy a new one, you should get support even if you don't buy UTM stuff. Then you can open a ticket to get help from TAC how to set up traffich shaping. You can use GUI to configure Traffic Shaping Policy TAC would tell you that.

sw2090
Honored Contributor

Fortinet removed this from gui with some version of FortiOS.

Accoardng to TAC you can still set it via CLI or - as Toshi wrote - use some shaping policy instead.

I just don't remember the commands now as we don't need shapers anyore.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Tom99
New Contributor II

The CLI commands inside the policy are

set traffic-shaper "guarantee-4M" set traffic-shaper-reverse "guarantee-4M"

leockw
New Contributor

Dear Tom99,

It works fine, thanks a lot.

Leo

sw2090
Honored Contributor

yep those were the commands.

thx Tom!

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors