Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
lamkayiu
New Contributor

How to add Mac address to control SSLVPN client user access LAN server

Hi All

Is is possible to add user laptop / PC Mac address to control them allow or not to access the LAN device when they are using SSLVPN client connection ?

My fortigate ver = 7.0.6, Model = FWF60

1 Solution
AEK
Honored Contributor

Hi

As per my tests, unfortunately this is not possible since Client's MAC is not seen by FGT through VPN tunnel. Also the network interface created for SSL VPN on client is ppp virtual interface and it has no MAC address.

You may explore other real ways to control the clients' authenticity, via FortiClient EMS or client certificate for example.

AEK

View solution in original post

AEK
2 REPLIES 2
Markus_M
Staff
Staff

Hello,

I don't understand your question. It is possible if you use a firewall address that is MAC based and deny connections with a SSLVPN policy.

Best regards,

Markus

AEK
Honored Contributor

Hi

As per my tests, unfortunately this is not possible since Client's MAC is not seen by FGT through VPN tunnel. Also the network interface created for SSL VPN on client is ppp virtual interface and it has no MAC address.

You may explore other real ways to control the clients' authenticity, via FortiClient EMS or client certificate for example.

AEK
AEK
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors