Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Jose_R
New Contributor

How do i block facebook chat

Hi, some body can help with some steps to activated facebook chat block
Ing.
Ing.
7 REPLIES 7
Mishaal
New Contributor

we are facing the same problem and we don' t know what to do to block the chat on face book
zsolt_husveti
New Contributor

You should create an application control sensor profile which contains the Facebook.Chat signature with action block. After this you can use this profile in any of your firewall policies (tipically you need to use in the LAN - INTERNET policy). This is all you need to do.
PHN

I am using v5.4.0.  Added signatures in Application Control for Facebook.Chat with action block, also blocked Facebook Chat in Cloud Access Security Inspection (CASI) Security Profile.  But it didn't work.  I still can use Facebook Chat.

razor
New Contributor III

Jose R wrote:
Hi, some body can help with some steps to activated facebook chat block
Hi Jose,

This is actually possible. You should use CASI (Cloud Access Security Inspection) which is available since FortiOS version 5.4

This security features makes it possible to monitor/block/allow features of multiple cloud services.

For more information about the CASI feature please read: http://help.fortinet.com/...ts-new-54/Top_CASI.htm

Fortinet Network Security Professional (NSE4)

Fortinet Network Security Professional (NSE4)
PHN
New Contributor

Razor,

I tried blocked facebook chat in CASI, but it didn't work.  Still can use facebook chat. 

neonbit
Valued Contributor

Have you configured SSL deep packet inspection for the policy that is using the CASI? I don't believe the CASI blocking feature for Facebook chat will work unless you've enabled this.

faridulalam_FTNT

Need two security policy for working this perfectly:

Apps Policy - Block: Facebook.Chat

CASI - Block: Facebook Chat

In IPv4 policy, apply both Apps Policy and CASI Policy along with SSL Inspection. It will work.

[FirstName] [JobTitle]
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors