Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
lletourn
New Contributor

How can I setup LACP on Managed Fortiswitch

I have a FS-248D managed by a Fortigate 60E.

I have found many MANY examples on how to aggregate Fortilink interfaces, but I can't find a single example on how to aggregate ports on the fortiswitch.

Neither from GUI or CLI.

Actually I found some examples given when running the Fortiswitch in standalone, not managed.

The reason I want to do this is to support LACP (2 ports) from my linus NAS.

I had this setup on a DGS-1210-52 (might I add, the 248D is quite the upgrade!) which worked perfectly well.

Can someone help me?

Side question, does anyone see an issue trying to reuse one of the old DGS-1210 by aggregating it(using 4 ports) on the fortiswitch as well?

Thanks

Louis

1 Solution
brycemd

Sorry, I am on 5.6 on my 60E. I haven't done any switch config on 5.4, maybe it is CLI only for 5.4 which offhand I do not know.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
brycemd
Contributor II

Go to 'FortiSwitch Ports' section on your FortiGate and click 'Create New' and then 'Trunk'

lletourn

There's no "Create New" on that page.

The top is a search bar, then the switch is listed with all it's ports.

I see that the used ports are green. All are assigned to a Native VLAN.

FYI: FortiOS: v5.4.1,build5577

FortiSwitch: v3.4-build192

Thanks

lletourn

I just upgraded both the fortigate (5.4.5) and fortiswitch (3.5.5) thinking that must be it (there were quite a few items on aggregation and LAG in the Fortiswitch release notes.

But the option is still not there.

brycemd

Sorry, I am on 5.6 on my 60E. I haven't done any switch config on 5.4, maybe it is CLI only for 5.4 which offhand I do not know.

lletourn

It worked from the CLI on 5.4.5, but from the GUI you are right, I needed to update to 5.6 which solved it too.

Thx

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors