Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dfeifer
New Contributor II

How accurate is the bandwidth chart on the fortigate dashboard status page

I see discrepancies between what the graph shows and what the text on the bubbles displays. I am trying to get an accurate representation because we are trying to figure out whether we need to increase our internet pipe or not. 

example in attachment.

fortigate 301e running v6.2.3 build1066 (GA)

3 REPLIES 3
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

If I am not mistaken the history graph will grow/shrink the bandwidth graph for the duration indicated. 

But check to see if any of the sessions is being handed off to Hardware acceleration.  Someone correct me if I am wrong on this, but I'm under the impression that the fgt may not properly measure the throughput on hardware acceleration sessions.

That said, looking at the graph I don't see a bandwidth issue.  Though you will want to set the graph to 24 hours or a week then check to see if the throughput peaks (max out) your ISP pipe at any one time.  If the graph peaks near the top of the graph for any amount of time then go investigate (drill down) to these sessions to see what is causing the spike in traffic. 

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
dfeifer
New Contributor II

Actually what I am referring to is if you look at the graph the point in time highlighted shows 190.72Mbps but the physical line in the graph is approaching almost 250Mbps. 

Our problem is that we are provisioned for 200x200 on our fibre data line. On a GOOD day we may see 110x187. 

We also have a site to site vpn to our erp servers in Virginia on the same fibre And we have close to 400 devices between computers and cell phones on the network vying for a slice of the pie.

What you see on the left side of the graph is the end of a 40 person teams meeting and these are happening more and more with social distancing etc. in place.

TheJaeene

Try to extend the Widget to 4x1 since this overlapped view is kinda crappy ;)

In the past I sometimes found the overlapping traffic curves to be inaccurate.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors