Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Network_Engineer
New Contributor III

How Do You Change The Login Password For This Forum

Forget password seem like no work?

1 Solution
xsilver_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi, I understand it's a bit frustrating not being able to (re)set password directly from the community portal via My Profile or My Settings. But those are global accounts handled by FortiCare system, now.

IAM accounts Administrators can reset users' password and so trigger the change for them.

IAM Users can (if not prohibited by admin setting, as in my case) change their password directly.

Just login for example to https://support.fortinet.com and on top right corner you'll have this menu..

xsilver_FTNT_0-1652690358428.png

Security Credentials will bring you to your password change.. (unless your account is fully managed as in my case so I can't show more)

xsilver_FTNT_1-1652690463577.png

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jintrah_FTNT
Staff
Staff

hi,

Are you not getting password reset link to your email?

Best regards,

Jin

Network_Engineer

I am an IAM user.

I wish to change the password, not to reset it.

For IAM users, only adminidtrator can reset the password, but I want to change it only.

xsilver_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi, I understand it's a bit frustrating not being able to (re)set password directly from the community portal via My Profile or My Settings. But those are global accounts handled by FortiCare system, now.

IAM accounts Administrators can reset users' password and so trigger the change for them.

IAM Users can (if not prohibited by admin setting, as in my case) change their password directly.

Just login for example to https://support.fortinet.com and on top right corner you'll have this menu..

xsilver_FTNT_0-1652690358428.png

Security Credentials will bring you to your password change.. (unless your account is fully managed as in my case so I can't show more)

xsilver_FTNT_1-1652690463577.png

Network_Engineer
New Contributor III

You forgot to include the "update" step

xsilver_FTNT

not sure what do you mean by - the "update" step

Network_Engineer

Capture.JPG

Update at top right hand corner

xsilver_FTNT

"bring you to your password change.. (unless your account is fully managed as in my case so I can't show more)"
I have no update step. My IAM is managed a bit differently.

But once you get to page for password change I guess that almost anyone can guess next steps to complete mission.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors