Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
yi_austal
New Contributor

Hardware/Software Switch and Interface routing advice

Hi there,

I have a FWF61E, F/W v6.4.2 build 1723 (GA).

I have set up 3 ports as a switch (hardware or software - I still don't really know the diff), and would like all devices to be able to talk to each other.

Devices 1-3 are fine and can talk to each other as expected. However, I am having trouble with getting device 4 to talk to devices 1-3, without setting an IP on the switch. I cannot ping from device1,2,3 to 4, or from device4 to devices1,2,3...

I have the firewall policies set as allowing everything. I have also set a static route to subnet1.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
sw2090
Honored Contributor

hm sincer you switch has no ip and the arp table that tells the switch whichhost is on which oort is only on the switch - the rest of the fortigate does not know where to route traffic to the subnets connected to the switch I guess.

So I'd suggest either give the switch an ip in all three subnets to have a connected route on the FGT for each subnet or create static routes with destination interface the switch.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors