Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mscheiber
New Contributor

HA Link monitor with an Virtual-Switch

HI 

is it possible to do an HA failover with the link-monitor on a Virtual-Switch which is connected to our LOCAL LAN?

So i have configured link-monitor for outside and inside.

WAN

config system link-monitor edit "gwdetect-upg-5" set srcintf "port7" set server "10.250.35.163" set source-ip 10.250.35.166 set interval 3 set timeout 3 set recoverytime 1 next

LAN

edit "gwdetect-1" set srcintf "Trust-SW" set server "172.20.218.6" set source-ip 172.20.218.9 set interval 3 set timeout 3 set recoverytime 1 set ha-priority 5 next end

HA config

config system ha set group-id 166 set group-name "MYCluster" set mode a-p set password ENC

set hbdev "ha1" 200 "ha2" 100 set route-ttl 180 set route-wait 10 set encryption enable set session-pickup enable set session-pickup-connectionless enable set override disable set priority 100 set monitor "port7" set pingserver-monitor-interface "port7" set pingserver-failover-threshold 5 set pingserver-flip-timeout 120 end

Problem i think is that i cannot specify the Trust-SW "Switch Interface" in the set ping-server-monitor-interface *

Is there really no possibility to do that?

I know that you cant specify a virtual-switch interface in the set monitor because of the design but i thought at least we could do it over the link-monitor ha stuff.

Thx guys.

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors