Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
komatsusandy
New Contributor

Give First Priority to OSPF and Second Priority to Static Route.

Dear Folks

we have two Main Sites namely A and B, Both A and B are having separate connection to a Global Network in singapore which we use Like, B lan users will connect to Singapore through the Global connection available in A and when the Global connection in A fails the Global connectivity should happen through the alternate Global connection from B.

ryt Now this failover is not happening and we are enabling a static route manually.

there is a P2P connection between A and B and Routes are learned through OSPF. 

Now i sshould make this failover happen automatically. i dont have SD-WAN deployed.

the Route which I am enabling now manually should happen automattically. please suggest me How we can do it.

Regards

sandy

1 REPLY 1
HA
Contributor

Hi,

Just create a static route with higher administrative distance than OSPF routes (defaut 110), like 250.

Once OSPF goes down (whatever reason), the firewall will choose a lower priority route (the static route you create).

Regards,

HA

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors