Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Joachim
New Contributor II

Free VPN Forticlient asks for license

I wanted to test a new version of Forticlient and somehow must have downloaded the wrong version, which showed me EMS and an expiration date. I uninstalled, rebooted and installed the correct VPN only version from https://www.fortinet.com/support/product-downloads#vpn, same problem.

I uninstalled, rebooted, cleaned registry, appdata, program files and program data from Fortinet/FortiClient entries. Reboot, reinistall of the old 6.4.8 VPN only client that I had saved on my hard drive.

Now also 6.4.8 shows me EMS and shows an expiration date.

Since I use for sure the free VPN only version, why does it ask for a license file? Where is the config stored that it lets the free version assume its the not free version?

2 Solutions
R_F

Hi,this is what Im referring for where you can download (support.fortinet.com) and  test FC with VPN function only. Pls see attached file for reference.FC.png

View solution in original post

Joachim
New Contributor II

Thank your for providing FortiClientVPNSetup_7.0.6.0290_x64.exe
This finally solved the issue!
So there seems to be a problem with the normal download link for VPN only, because it did install the full version. Maybe you could take a look into that?

Thank you so much :)

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
R_F
Contributor

just give it a try to use these tools, under support portal FortiClient> FortiClientTools_7.0.6.0290.zip filename. Extract and you can see these tools (FCRemover.exe and FCUnregister.exe). run each tool one by one and reinstall your FC installer.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors