Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Forti_New
New Contributor

Fortiweb /bin/fortiviewd process high cpu usage

Hi,

is there any one who can give me some information about /bin/foritviewd process on fortiweb devices?

when I run get sys top command i see /bin/fortiviewd process consuming about 30 percent cpu.

is there any risk if i kill this process?

Regards.

1 Solution
jintrah_FTNT

Hi,

If its consistent cpu and not increasing, then I think it should be ok to stay on the build as system is able to handle the load.  But I see there are some enhancements and improvements in the features and processes in 6.3 release, so it may be good to take advantage by upgrading to the latest patch when you have any maintenance window.

Best regards,

Jin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jintrah_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi,

FortiView process basically integrates realtime/historical data from logs. It should not impact any usertraffic upon termination. Is the 30 percent seen consistent for the process? Which firmware is running on the device?

Best regards,

Jin

Forti_New

Hi jintrah_FTNT, 

thank you for your reply. I should say yes, the %30 CPUusage is consistent for the process. the fortiWeb is 1000E with firmware 6.2.4 on it. 
would you recommend to upgrade it? or it can be helpful?

Best Regards.

jintrah_FTNT

Hi,

If its consistent cpu and not increasing, then I think it should be ok to stay on the build as system is able to handle the load.  But I see there are some enhancements and improvements in the features and processes in 6.3 release, so it may be good to take advantage by upgrading to the latest patch when you have any maintenance window.

Best regards,

Jin

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors