Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FortiGeek
New Contributor

Fortitoken Mobile - Serial No.

I' ve downloaded a new (as of 9th Feb 2012) Fortitoken Mobile for iOS on iPhone 4. To activate you of course need the serial number... this I cannot find. I would have expected it under General > Settings but the App doesn' t appear there and it doesn' t seem to have any further menu' s for accessing this number. Has anyone found this to work? Thank you
10 REPLIES 10
Carl_Wallmark
Valued Contributor

Think you have to wait, the feature is not yet implemented, i would think it will be available in either 4.3.6 or 5.0.0. However, you can order the softtoken.

FCNSA, FCNSP
---
FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30B
FortiAnalyzer 100B, 100C
FortiMail 100,100C
FortiManager VM
FortiAuthenticator VM
FortiToken
FortiAP 220B/221B, 11C

FCNSA, FCNSP---FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30BFortiAnalyzer 100B, 100CFortiMail 100,100CFortiManager VMFortiAuthenticator VMFortiTokenFortiAP 220B/221B, 11C
FortiGeek
New Contributor

Thanks Selective, I have 5.0.0 but it isn' t in there... it is listed under System > Config > FortiGuard - FortiToken Seed Server .. then lists Registration but nothing else to pick.. I' m assuming then the Fortitoken Mobile has not been given the serial numbers yet that have to be activated on Fortuguard service .. me thinks.. thanks
Carl_Wallmark
Valued Contributor

new features are introduced in every beta, right now we are at beta 1, perhaps it will be introduced in 4.3.6, we have to wait and see =)

FCNSA, FCNSP
---
FortiAnalyzer 100B, 100C
FortiMail 100,100C
FortiManager VM
FortiAuthenticator VM
FortiToken
FortiAP 220B/221B, 11C

FCNSA, FCNSP---FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30BFortiAnalyzer 100B, 100CFortiMail 100,100CFortiManager VMFortiAuthenticator VMFortiTokenFortiAP 220B/221B, 11C
dred_FTNT
Staff
Staff

The FortiToken Mobile (FTM) will be officially launched on March 1. The initial release will only be supported by FortiAuthenticator in the role of the RADIUS server. FortiOS support for FortiToken Mobile is " in the works" . You can purchase a license for as many FTM tokens as you need (minimum purchase is 10, however) from Fortinet. Later in March the tokens will also be available for purchase in the FortiStore. You will then register your FTM license in FortiCare to receive a License Number, which you will input into FortiAuth to pull your FTM Serial Numbers from FortiGuard. The way the activation works is the sysadmin on the FortiAuth will assign a soft token to the user (by enabling 2FA and selecting an available token Serial Number). The user will receive email with the Activation Code. The Activation Code must be entered into the FTM app on the client device for the token to be installed on the app. You can use the Member List (user = dred) to send me an e-mail if you would like to participate in the beta and receive an Activation Code for your FTM app. Thanks.
David Redberg Fortinet Product Manager
FortiGeek
New Contributor

Thanks dred, I was dreading that am very interested in the FTM for FortiOS as have many clients with interest in this.. Thank you for the reply and information.. I' ve PM' d you the request Bill
simonorch
Contributor

Just got a 10 licence pack, got them registered to one of our fortigates no problems, but wondering what now? should the licence eventually get synchronized with the fortigate and fortiguard populate the licence serial numbers to it? there' s no licence key generated on the fortigate' s licence page on fortinets support site as far as i can see.

NSE8 Fortinet Expert partner - Norway

Carl_Wallmark
Valued Contributor

I heard that the MobileToken will only work with the FortiAuthenticator in the beginning, and support for the fortigate will be added later.

FCNSA, FCNSP
---
FortiAnalyzer 100B, 100C
FortiMail 100,100C
FortiManager VM
FortiAuthenticator VM
FortiToken
FortiAP 220B/221B, 11C

simonorch
Contributor

The registration guide makes no mention of specific products that support it and registering the licence against a fortigate worked fine. We' ve a lot of interest in the soft token solution. If that is true, then i can only wonder at how on earth Fortinet can launch a product without publically documenting what it can be used with.

simonorch
Contributor

After a bit of backwards and forwards and being passed around several people i got it confirmed that only fortiauthenticator supports fortitoken mobile at the moment. Fortinet needs to get their finger out and disable the ability to register mobile token licenses against a fortigate, and make it clear in their documentation what products and software versions support them.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors