Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
wamendoza
New Contributor III

Fortinet equipment in a Hotel

Hi, i wanted to make an inquiry, we have a client and we want to replace all their Cisco equipment with Fortinet, it is currently a 9-story hotel.

The equipaments are

• Cisco 2900 Router
  • Switch 2960 switch for each room floor
  • Switch 3750 Core
  • with Cisco AP Aironet

they don't have firewall they do not have a DHCP server, currently the DHCP server is Mikrotik equipment

Oaky, my idea is to remove everything and place Fortinet, for my proposal it occurs to me:

• FortiGate-100F (firewall/routing/dhcpservr)
  • FortiSwitch-248E-POE (Core for vlans)
  • FortiSwitch-124E-FPOE (switch for each floor)
  • FAP-U231F-N (access point for each floor, two per floor)
  •  

My question is am I correct or am I missing something? In addition, I would like to offer a second offer where only the fortigate is firewall, routing, dhcp server, and server for the vlans, i was thinking of a Fortigate-200F to meet this requirement and eliminate the FortiSwitch-124E-FPOE and thus only leave the switch in the floors.

Can someone help me?

1 Solution
jhussain_FTNT

Hi wamendoza,

Kindly contact the local Fortinet Sales/SE team, then can help you to provide the BOQ for your requirement.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jhussain_FTNT

Hi wamendoza,

Kindly contact the local Fortinet Sales/SE team, then can help you to provide the BOQ for your requirement.

JasonMills
New Contributor

As a frequent traveler, I've had the pleasure of staying in many hotels over the years. From budget motels to luxury resorts, I've seen it all. One thing that has become clear to me is the importance of constant modernization in the hospitality industry. I've stayed in older hotels that had not been updated in years, and it was evident in the outdated decor, limited amenities, and lack of technological advancements. On the other hand, I've also stayed in hotels near me that were equipped with state-of-the-art technology, modern furnishings, and luxurious features that made for a truly unforgettable experience. The hotels that invest in modernization are the ones that stand out in the minds of their guests and remain competitive in the industry.

kreansanm
New Contributor

Hello everyone,

We recently switched to an HA pair of 600E Fortigates, and it's been a good experience. We have an aging WIFI infrastructure and I'm looking at the potential savings of FortiAPs and I'm tempted, but I'm also a little skeptical.

We would need a new WLAN controller in the next few years, and all of our current APs are EOL.

How has your experience been with FortiAPs? We are looking at about 400 altogether, and I think it would mostly be 231Fs, although I'm noticing the 23JF is significantly less expensive and might also work for us in a lot of applications.

Thanks!

redtube
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors