Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rajamanickam
Contributor

Fortimanager as Fortiguard server - SDWAN 6.4.7

Hi, What are the benefits of having Fortimanager to act as Fortiguard server for all the Fortigates which are in SDWAN fabric? . Fortimanager will be one of the DC LAN IP which has reachablity to all the branch Fortigate over SDWAN Fabric.

My observation

1 This will ensure that all database updates will happen locally within the fabric from Fortimanager to all Fortigates.

2 Not each fortigate needed internet connectivity..

3 Just ensure Fortimanager alone can speak with Fortiguard to get all the signature, database updates. Once this is done, it can push to rest of the device

4 It can also avoid impact to Webfiltering/Email filtering service, since any high latency from Fortigate to Fortigaurd webfilter service can cause "A rating error occured"

These are my observations, whether I am correct or any other benefits I have missed. Or anyother caveats in this setup.

1 Solution
oarslan
Staff
Staff
2 REPLIES 2
oarslan
Staff
Staff

Hello,

You're correct with observations. Please refer link below for more info :

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-setup-FortiGate-to-get-updates-from...

rajamanickam
Contributor

Thank you for your reply

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors