Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
krishnangangster
New Contributor

Fortimail cloud migration

Hi Team,

I have a query.

We have fortimail on-prem appliance at the premise. We are looking to migrate to Fortimail cloud (saas) solution.

What are the steps to be done ? What we need to look at ? Can anyone give me a suggestion ?

3 REPLIES 3
krishnangangster
New Contributor

Hello Team,

Any updates ?

Anyone has done this way ?

Please advise.

knowles13088
New Contributor

krishnangangster wrote:

Hi Team,

I have a query.

We have fortimail on-prem appliance at the premise. We are looking to migrate to Fortimail cloud (saas) solution.

What are the steps to be done ? What we need to look at ? Can anyone give me a suggestion ?

I've only jumped into Fortimail recently, using Azure's preconfigured VM, not Fortinet's . Hopefully I'm not steering you too far, but I think it would involve:

- Choose and setup the correct VM size for your licensing needs

- Make sure the VM is running the same version Fortimail as is on your production unit.

- Do a full backup of all configurations your production is using and restore to the VM.

- I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think licensing is transferrable from physical to the VM.

rlowes

According to me this is not the answer to the original question. The question is, migration path from FortiMail (VM) Applicance on-prem to the SaaS FortiMail Cloud variant.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors