Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
heskez
New Contributor III

Fortimail antispam profiles

Hi There,

I'd like to achieve a goal where a user gets informed by email when an email sent to her is marked as spam based on Fortiguard blacklisting.

Because I didn't want to affect other users.

I've setup a new antispam profile with a new action and a notification profile where I added the user's email address.

Now I don't get the idea this is working as expected. I don't think the new antispam profile is used but the old one still is active for that user.

How am I able to determine which profile is actually "touched"?

Thanks in advance

Best,

Erik

9 REPLIES 9
heskez
New Contributor III

Any Fortimail experts leftover? 

abelio
Valued Contributor

Hi

heskez wrote:

How am I able to determine which profile is actually "touched"?

use History logs.

For each email, "Policy IDs" column shows  Access control:IP policy ID:Recipient Policy ID

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
heskez
New Contributor III

Hi Abel, 

Thanks, I've found out it's using the default recipient policy instead of the new created one. 

Now I've to force it to use the new one somehow. 

Best,

Erik

heskez
New Contributor III

Hi all, I'm still stuck since the email refuses to use the new created recipient policy. 

Bromont_FTNT

Did you move the new recipient policy above the catch-all?

heskez
New Contributor III

That option is greyed out..

Bromont_FTNT

Select the domain then you should be able to move it up

heskez
New Contributor III

Hi There, You were right Bromont_FTNT, I was able to shift up after selecting the domain. Thanks!

Now just let's wait and see what happens..

labiomedit

make sure the new recipient policy is on top of the list, it goes and check top to bottom until it finds the correct policy and stop there.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors