Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dvdm
New Contributor

Fortimail Anti Spam Definitions

On my fortimail unit the Anti Spam Definition is 7.00286. How can I check if this is the latest definitions available from fortiguard?

1 Solution
anil_nayak_FTNT

Following link contains the latest update information on 3 distinct antispam service categories.

Antispam IP

Antispam Checksum Antispam URI

http://www.fortiguard.com/updates/antispam.html

From the Fortimail CLI if you wan to check the latest update version 

#diag autoupdate version 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
abelio
Valued Contributor

Hello

I don't remember a CLI command to do that, but you can check Maintenance->FortiGuard->Update tab

to recover last attempt update time and results

Hope it helps

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
dvdm
New Contributor

abelio wrote:

Hello

I don't remember a CLI command to do that, but you can check Maintenance->FortiGuard->Update tab

to recover last attempt update time and results

Hope it helps

Where on the fortiguard website do I verify that I have the latest version?

Fortiguard website lists antispam DB version 98.10157, my fortimail unit has version 7.00286.

On my fortimail unit I checked the following:

FDN is available

Push update is available

I can ping service.fortiguard.net

I can resolve service.fortiguard.net

Using port 53

Searching the event log for message "spam db:yes" covering the last 31 days show only 3 entries for dates 20/07, 27/07 and 04/08. Should there not be multiple updates daily?

anil_nayak_FTNT

Following link contains the latest update information on 3 distinct antispam service categories.

Antispam IP

Antispam Checksum Antispam URI

http://www.fortiguard.com/updates/antispam.html

From the Fortimail CLI if you wan to check the latest update version 

#diag autoupdate version 

dvdm
New Contributor

When I run "diagnose debug rating" I have noticed that my packet loss ratio in some cases is more than 20%.

Does this mean that SPAM could come through when packets are dropped because it never reached the fortiguard services to check for SPAM? Should I be concerned about the packet being dropped?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors