Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mhe
Contributor II

Fortimail 5.3.5 and PAID Fortisandbox.Cloud!!

I've upgraded our Fortimail to 5.3.5. We have a valid Fortisandbox.Cloud Contract - now with 5.3.5 we can only send 100 Samples per day!! Level 1 Support says that this is per design! So be carefull when upgrading!!

On the Dashboard:

"Legacy FortiSandbox cloud service is used. Please activate FortiCloud as soon as possible!"

1 Solution
mhe

I can confirm that 5.3.6 fixes the issue of limiting Sandbox.Cloud uploads to 100.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
Carl_Wallmark
Valued Contributor

Yes, in the release notes it is stated that before 5.3.5 you could upload unlimited number of files, but starting with 5.3.5 there is a limit, and it is also model specific on how many, but it does not say how many per model.

FCNSA, FCNSP
---
FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30B
FortiAnalyzer 100B, 100C
FortiMail 100,100C
FortiManager VM
FortiAuthenticator VM
FortiToken
FortiAP 220B/221B, 11C

FCNSA, FCNSP---FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30BFortiAnalyzer 100B, 100CFortiMail 100,100CFortiManager VMFortiAuthenticator VMFortiTokenFortiAP 220B/221B, 11C
pcraponi

Like @Selective said, this is in the release notes:

FortiSandbox cloud submission file limit: Before 5.3.5, file and URI submission to FortiSandbox cloud was unlimited. After 5.3.5, there will be hardcoded limit for the number of files and URIs each FortiMail model will be allowed to submitt in a certain period of time. For details, see the FortiMail Administration Guide.

---

moved the goalposts with open play :( sad...

Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi
romanr
Valued Contributor

Has anyone found those limits in den Admin Guide? I wasn't able to....

mhe
Contributor II

I've got a 200D - the Limit is 100 (!!)

I can understand such a limit for the free Service, but NOT FOR CUSTOMERS WHO PAID FOR IT!!

Anyone ever downgraded a Fortimail?

mhe
Contributor II

If someone from Fortinet reads this and is willing of helping me out (Support isn't): Ticket number is 1892914

romanr
Valued Contributor

Hey mhe,

are you sure, the registration is correct? 100 files is normally the "demo" capability of the free FortiCloud Sandbox features (for the FGT)... 100 files/hour would be far off from being sufficient for any Fortimail in production :(

Br,

Roman

mhe
Contributor II

@Roman: thats what i've asked the support. unfortunately, I haven't got a answer so far (ticketalmost 24 hours old)... :(

Carl_Windsor_FTNT

With the new firmware, there are 2 changes in this area:

Support for the FortiCloud Portal

- You are able to register your FortiMail Service on the FortiCloud Portal which will allow you to see the threat statistics and detailed reports on the malware and reasons for why the sample was detected as you can for FGT.  Because of the fact you have been switched over to this new infrastructure, you will be treated as a demo account until you have registered.  Once registered this 100 submission limit will be lifted (see submission limits).

Submission Limits

Once registered, there will be a per device submission limit which is relative to the device size.  This has been done in order for us to deliver responses within a predictable timeframe.  As mail is queued for Sandbox inspection, FortiMail requires a rapid real-time response so it is important that all submissions are dealt with in a timely manner.  Applying rate limiting prevents a single appliance overwhelming the service and allows us to deliver timely responses for everyone.

The submission limits will be communicated in the admin guide.

Dr. Carl Windsor Field Chief Technology Officer Fortinet

mhe

Hi Carl!

I've never actively switched to Forticloud - just upgraded to 5.3.5 from 5.3.4

So I must buy a Forticloud subscription in ADDITION to my already paid Fortisandbox.cloud to submit more that 100 samples per day? If yes, are there any other Limits?

martin

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors