Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mhe
Contributor II

Fortimail 5.3.5 and PAID Fortisandbox.Cloud!!

I've upgraded our Fortimail to 5.3.5. We have a valid Fortisandbox.Cloud Contract - now with 5.3.5 we can only send 100 Samples per day!! Level 1 Support says that this is per design! So be carefull when upgrading!!

On the Dashboard:

"Legacy FortiSandbox cloud service is used. Please activate FortiCloud as soon as possible!"

1 Solution
mhe

I can confirm that 5.3.6 fixes the issue of limiting Sandbox.Cloud uploads to 100.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
Holy

Hello,

Thank you.

Yes this are great Features of course but if the Limits are too low and my Customer will get Problems with Crypto Trojaner etc. again. Those cool Features are worthless then.

FortiMail with FortiSandbox Cloud are doing a great Job at the moment with stopping the Zero Days but if they will just pass attachments through because of a day or month limit this will be a big fail.

i hope that the Limits are sufficient high.

NSE 8 

NSE 1 - 7

NSE 8 NSE 1 - 7
mhe

I can confirm that 5.3.6 fixes the issue of limiting Sandbox.Cloud uploads to 100.

Holy

Carl Windsor wrote:

>Thanks for the info, but what about the limits now? where can we find the limits?

I will request that the limits are added to the admin guide ASAP.

>will the versions before 5.3.5 still be unlimited ?

Yes, but there are significant benefits to the FortiCloud integration including statistical reports and detailed malware detection reports.

Hello,

so whats the Status now?

NSE 8 

NSE 1 - 7

NSE 8 NSE 1 - 7
mhe
Contributor II

The latest Fortimail Firmware is unlimited again! :)

Holy
Contributor

Some Thing you don´t have to understand :)

The same with Botnet Protection licensing... they moved it to Enterprise Bundle (not so clever) and now it is back to UTM Bundle again.

But hey respect to Fortinet for understandig their fails so quickly :)

NSE 8 

NSE 1 - 7

NSE 8 NSE 1 - 7
Holy

so according to this File

http://docs.fortinet.com/uploaded/files/3404/forticloud-and-regional-data-centers.pdf

there is now a limit for FortiSandbox Cloud 

"1 Year FortiCloud Sandbox device contract allows for up to 144,000 file uploads per day."

The Question now is how does it count now?

does it count together for example if i use FortiSandbox Cloud for 4 FortiGates and 1 FortiMail ?

it does not deppend on the Appliance or VM that i am using?

NSE 8 

NSE 1 - 7

NSE 8 NSE 1 - 7
fl0at0xff
New Contributor II

Hello ! I configure my first fortimail and I am not able to use the free fortisandbox (cloud) limited to 100 samples per days. When I click on the button "Test Connection" I have the following message: FortiSandbox Cloud, Status: Test failed, fortimail is not authorized".

What is the problem ? 

thanks

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors