Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Paul_S
Contributor

Fortimail 5.0 IBE not readable with IE10

Anybody else having problems with IE 10 users being able to reach IBE pull encrypted email messages?

FG200D 5.6.5 (HA) - primary [size="1"]FWF50B' s 4.3.x, FG60D's 5.2.x, FG60E's 5.4.x                   [Did my post help you? Please rate my post.][/size] FAZ-VM 5.6.5  |  Fortimail 5.3.11 Network+, Security+

FG200D 5.6.5 (HA) - primary [size="1"]FWF50B' s 4.3.x, FG60D's 5.2.x, FG60E's 5.4.x [Did my post help you? Please rate my post.][/size] FAZ-VM 5.6.5 | Fortimail 5.3.11 Network+, Security+
7 REPLIES 7
MBruck
New Contributor

Hi Paul, We' re having the same problem and support say' s " contact Microsoft" and that they DON' T SUPPORT IE as a browser. I CAN' T believe they can say they don' t support IE, but that' s what they told me. The engineer actually had to install IE to troubleshoot the issue on my FortiMail. Any more luck on your end! Thanks, -Michael
Michael Bruck
Michael Bruck
ehlo
New Contributor

Hi Paul and MBruck, What build you are using for IBE? ehlo
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Same here, I seen problems with IE10 and the latest FortiOS code running on a few 100C. Did you reveiw any release notes and the kb on support browsers? If IE10 works for adminstration of a Fortimail Appliance, than i would guess it should work for web interfaces and IBE users

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
MBruck
New Contributor

I' m running build: v5.0,build0107,130226 (GA) The documentation (100c Manual) says the GUI admin requires IE v6 and above (along with other browsers). I think Fortinet is a little behind in addressing IE 10. We' ve found that using IE 10' s compatibility mode for the secure email portal does seem to correct our problem.
Michael Bruck
Michael Bruck
ehlo
New Contributor

MBruck, If you upgrade to v5.0 GA patch1 build 123, it has the IE 10' s compatibility issue fixed, and no need to click the compatible view button. ehlo
MBruck
New Contributor

Thanks for the feedback ehlo - Actually, I just found that a couple of hours ago and we installed this build. However, it still did not fix the problem. We still have to switch to compatibility mode. We just get a blank screen instead of the logon (user/pw) prompt. Once we turn on compatibility mode, it works fine.
Michael Bruck
Michael Bruck
ehlo
New Contributor

Thanks MBruck, my IE10 version 10.0.9200.16599 on windows 8 and works fine for me, but glad you found the work around. ehlo
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors