Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
duetgroup_tech
New Contributor

Fortigates incompatibility with Telenet DOCSIS 3.1 E-ROUTER

Hello all.

If you are using a Fortigate with the Belgian Cable ISP Telenet, you should know that there is a known incompatibility between Fortigates and the new Telenet DOCSIS 3.1 E-ROUTER. This is the kind of router that they install for all new clients. For now, it is possible to request Telenet to install a DOCSIS 3.0 modem and that solves the issue, but going forward this could become a big problem, especially if they require all their clients to switch to DOCSIS3.1.

The problem seems to be that Fortigates don't support Unicast DHCP. 

As far as I can tell the incompatibility is known to Telenet, but I don't know if Fortinet knows or not. I have opened a TAC case to find out.

13 REPLIES 13
avka1453

Hi,

sure, you go to the system menu and in the submenu Firmware, you can see the current version

KR,

waterboy1602

I'm sorry, but this is not possible in the Telenet overview (mijn.telenet.be). As a Telenet customer we can't access the modem directly.

avka1453

Hi,

I'm sorry, I wanted to know which version of Fortigate firmware you are running :)

KR,

waterboy1602

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. My Fortigate firewall is on firmware version: FortiOS v6.0.6 build0272 (GA).

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors