Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
thoffmann
New Contributor

Fortigate update via FortiManager 5.0.6

Hello everybody, I just want to update a Fortigate in a cluster to the new release, but this seems not possible. A single Fortigate is updateable via the manager, a cluster not? Do you have any suggestions? Thanks! Thomas
7 REPLIES 7
thoffmann
New Contributor

Here you can see the behavoir in a single deployment
RH2
New Contributor II

My 5.0.6 won' t even update a single device. I' m opening a ticket with support.
HA
Contributor

Hello RH, Can you keep us update about this problem (and the solution) ? I plan to upgrade one of my customers with 5.0.6. More than 40 devices... Regards, HA
neonbit
Valued Contributor

I upgraded my FortiGate VM HA cluster from my Manager without a problem. Upgraded the FortiManager first to 5.0.6 (from 5.0.5) then upgraded the FortiGate pair. It worked perfectly and took about 5 minutes in total. What problem are you having?
RH2
New Contributor II

The option to upgrade the firmware is now a " right-click" on the device list on the left side screen.
RH2
New Contributor II

leave it to fortinet to move the option and not document it anywhere
Sean_Toomey_FTNT

Confirming that it is possible to update firmware on both individual devices as well as clusters using FortiManager. You can easily create a group (or use an existing one) and right click to use Firmware Update. This has been the case for several patches if memory serves. I' m sorry you had difficulty locating this feature, I will check to ensure the documentation is clear that this is where you need to go to do the update. Cheers!
-- Sean Toomey, CISSP FCNSP Consulting Security Engineer (CSE) FORTINET— High Performance Network Security
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors