Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
anthonyfoerster
New Contributor II

Fortigate does not appear in Software Lifecycle

Dear Community,

I'm nearly new to Fortinet and a bit confused.
In the FortiCloud Asset Management Dashboard, I can see, that we've got 4 products - Fortigates espacially - but only 3 of them are listed in Software Lifecycle.
I don't get why.
As an explanation I have to mention that we have 2 devices for testpurposes only and 2 productive devices in an Active-Passive High Availabilty Cluster.
The product that isn't listed in Software Lifecylce is one of the HA Cluster devices.
I tried to register it with it's serial number, but it says that it is already registered.
It appears in Support & Subscriptions and also in Hardware Lifecycle.

What could be the reasons why this device isn't listed in Software Lifecycle.

Any Ideas would be appreciated.

A. Foerster
A. Foerster
2 Solutions
anthonyfoerster
New Contributor II

Hi haiqal,

thanks for your reply.

It seems, that my problem is solved right now, which confuses me even more.
I just wanted to generate a screenshot and now all devices appear in the Software Lifecycle Section.

All I did after creating this post was to activate scheduled updates on the HA Cluster.

Could this have been the solution?

Before creating this post, one device was missing, I'm 100% sure about that.
Unfortunately I do not have a screenshot of it.

A. Foerster

View solution in original post

A. Foerster
Muhammad_Haiqal

Hi A. Foerster,

Thank you for your feedback. Glad to hear the issue resolve for now.
Once the Fortigate connect to the cloud due to updates, you should see your devices on the portal. Most probably your device is not connected yet during your posting here.

haiqal

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Muhammad_Haiqal

Hi A.Foerster,

Software lifecycle is a support for the major firmware version. Example, firmware 5.6, 6.0, 6.2, 6.4 and so on.

Hardware lifecycle is a production for the Fortigate model.

Do you mind to attach some screenshot regarding your issue so i can take a look?

haiqal
anthonyfoerster
New Contributor II

Hi haiqal,

thanks for your reply.

It seems, that my problem is solved right now, which confuses me even more.
I just wanted to generate a screenshot and now all devices appear in the Software Lifecycle Section.

All I did after creating this post was to activate scheduled updates on the HA Cluster.

Could this have been the solution?

Before creating this post, one device was missing, I'm 100% sure about that.
Unfortunately I do not have a screenshot of it.

A. Foerster
A. Foerster
Muhammad_Haiqal

Hi A. Foerster,

Thank you for your feedback. Glad to hear the issue resolve for now.
Once the Fortigate connect to the cloud due to updates, you should see your devices on the portal. Most probably your device is not connected yet during your posting here.

haiqal
EEHC
Contributor

I did not notice the "Software Lifecycle" before. I notice that number of devices decrease by the years. I will check registering date. Thanks for the post and also for the solution.

EEHC
EEHC
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors