Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
YtseJam
New Contributor III

Fortigate_VM for exploring fortinet firewall

Hi to all,

Can someone post a link where I can find a free trial of Fortigate_VM that I can use for practicing/studying fortinet firewall. As much as possible more on technical side, configurations and its features etc. I want to setup a testing network for fortigate setup/configuration. 'Coz, what I usually do is to read pdf documentations or do watch videos in knowledge base of fortinet but I want to test it actual.

Any feedback, comments, suggestions will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,

Jam

1 Solution
iJake
Contributor

Yeah, it's under the FortiGate category, with all the other firmware. Look for the .ovf extension - should also have FortiGateVM in the name.

Edit:

FGT_VM64-v5-build0642-FORTINET.out.ovf.zip

That's the name. When you select "Download" at the top, theres another download tab lower down. From there, you selevt v5, then v5.2 and you should then be listed with all the firmware for the various models.

-Jake

View solution in original post

...... -Jake
8 REPLIES 8
iJake
Contributor

Pretty sure you need a support account or partner account to get access to the downloads.

For partners it's Support > Online Support > Downloads tab

For support account, it's just under the Downloads tab

Something to note with the VMs, you get 14 day trial and you do not get FortiGuard services with that.

-Jake

...... -Jake
YtseJam
New Contributor III

iJake wrote:

Pretty sure you need a support account or partner account to get access to the downloads.

For partners it's Support > Online Support > Downloads tab

For support account, it's just under the Downloads tab

Something to note with the VMs, you get 14 day trial and you do not get FortiGuard services with that.

Thank you for this info.

I'll just download it. Sad, its just 14days trial.

iJake
Contributor

2 weeks is pretty common place for evaluation licences, the sad part is that you don't get all the features.

If you're just trying to build on your Fortinet knowledge, I'd suggest you look at FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer too. I noticed you have a post about reports not so long ago, Analyzer offers a great deal more in terms of reporting.

-Jake

...... -Jake
YtseJam
New Contributor III

iJake wrote:

2 weeks is pretty common place for evaluation licences, the sad part is that you don't get all the features.

If you're just trying to build on your Fortinet knowledge, I'd suggest you look at FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer too. I noticed you have a post about reports not so long ago, Analyzer offers a great deal more in terms of reporting.

I'll include that also. 

Anyway, I can't find the downloads on fortigate vm. I login through "support login" and its all firmware under "Fortigate" category.

iJake
Contributor

Yeah, it's under the FortiGate category, with all the other firmware. Look for the .ovf extension - should also have FortiGateVM in the name.

Edit:

FGT_VM64-v5-build0642-FORTINET.out.ovf.zip

That's the name. When you select "Download" at the top, theres another download tab lower down. From there, you selevt v5, then v5.2 and you should then be listed with all the firmware for the various models.

-Jake

...... -Jake
YtseJam
New Contributor III

I found it.

Thank you Sir Jake. 

rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

If you want to beat on a model with all the features, pick up a used device from eBay and beat it up. The smaller unit have most of the features of the larger ones and they can be had for about $150 USD. When done, just put it back up there for sale.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
Shawn_W

That is good to know.  I didn't realize the smaller models have most of the features.  Thanks for the tip!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors