Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
RichV
New Contributor II

Fortigate Upgrade 60D to 100F

Good Morning,

I am planning out an upgrade to our Fortigate Systems from the 60D to the 100F. We have grown some and with all the new requirements placed on the network I am noticing the 60Ds are taxed and at times can become unresponsive with100% CPU usage. We currently have 2 60Ds in HA (A-P) and I was wondering if I could just place the 100F's in the cluster and demote the 60D's after the sync? Trying to plan this with as little downtime and complications as possible. I figured since the 100F's are in the cluster the configs would just sync to them and then I could make on of them the Master and remove the 60Ds. Would this work?

1 Solution
neonbit
Valued Contributor

Unfortunately not, you can't connect different FGT models to a cluster

There's a SKU available for the FortiConverter service to convert an older device to a newer one. It only costs around $120 USD list so probably worth checking out.

FC-10-F100F-189-02-12 FortiConverter Service for one time configuration conversion service

Steps involved:

Register support for FortiGate 100F

Register FortiConverter Service on Support Portal

Open a Ticket under Assistance -> Create a Ticket Select FortiConverter Service Upload config from FortiGate to be converted

FortiConverter Service team will reach out via the Ticket

The terms can be found under Service Descriptions in the support portal here: https://support.fortinet.com/Information/DocumentList.aspx

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
neonbit
Valued Contributor

Unfortunately not, you can't connect different FGT models to a cluster

There's a SKU available for the FortiConverter service to convert an older device to a newer one. It only costs around $120 USD list so probably worth checking out.

FC-10-F100F-189-02-12 FortiConverter Service for one time configuration conversion service

Steps involved:

Register support for FortiGate 100F

Register FortiConverter Service on Support Portal

Open a Ticket under Assistance -> Create a Ticket Select FortiConverter Service Upload config from FortiGate to be converted

FortiConverter Service team will reach out via the Ticket

The terms can be found under Service Descriptions in the support portal here: https://support.fortinet.com/Information/DocumentList.aspx

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors