Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Mirza
New Contributor

Fortigate Hardware Switch

Hi Friend, by mistakenly i have deleted port 9 from fortigate hardware switch i mean port 9 was member now the port 9 is 

showing in physical how to revert it back in Hardware Switch to physical interface members without disturbing to the existing network 

Thanks 

10 REPLIES 10
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

You just need to add it back to the original interface as a member via GUI or CLI (virtual-switch?).

MikePruett

Toshi is right. You can just add it back by going to the edit page of the internal switch and adding it back (depending on software version).

You can also do it via the CLI. Let us know if you run into issues and we can walk you through it more clearly

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
Mirza
New Contributor

Hi, 

Thanks for support i will explain in brief..

we took new internet line 100 MBPS we want to connect to fortigate for browsing etc.. on WAN2 port because WAN1 is already in used.. they gave IP, Subnet and Gateway for new internet line when i assign details and enable port still its showing port is down i tried many thing but no result .. when i assign the given IP address and gateway to the fortigate wan2 port i can ping only the IP unable to ping gateway.. whereas i configure gateway address in Static route there is no result... after trying a lot i configured the same IP details on port9 still same issue the port is not showing up either for WAN2 and port9 need someone help please.. 

Note: The gateway which they given for new internet line i can ping from outside i mean from anywhere i can't ping gateway only from fortigate device we are using Fortigate 100D

Appreciate quick response 

ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

For me it sounds like you might have a hardware problem, outside the FGT. Have you used the same cable for ports 'wan2' and 'port9'? Use that cable for the connection on port 'wan1' to make sure it is OK. Along the same idea, check the switch or router ports the FGT is connected to.

You may also post a picture of the System > Network > Interfaces page.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Mirza
New Contributor

Yes i check on both ports Wan2 and port9 with the same cable and also with different cable... 

Note: New connection line is coming from Telephone cabinet it is fiber optic before it was connect to Router

i removed from it and connected to Fortigate with fiber to RJ45 connector so there is no router between ... 

where as if i use the same connection to laptop with given ip and subnet mask internet is working fine.. 

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

You have Layer1/2 problem on wan2. Since you got a static IP, regardless IP/GW IP config, the port should show "up". I'm assuming the converter you used converts from SFP to 10/100/1000TX. Does it have any LEDs to show status on both sides?  If it was originally connected to your router at an SFP port you know the config and was working, I would suspect the converter. 

MikePruett
Valued Contributor

do you have a route setup for the wan2 connection so it knows how to get to the gateway etc? I think I am getting a little twisted in the explanation though so I may be misunderstanding 

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
Mirza

Yes Mike i have configure Static route for Wan2 connection i mean the gateway which was provided by ISP 

Mirza
New Contributor

Thanks for everyone help.. Problem has been solved.. but i have again other problem 

In our network All previous policy like IPSEC vpn SITE to site, full internet access, limited internet access etc.. all these policy were configured on WAN1 everything is working fine. Our manager ask to configure New ISP .. (i,e) wan2 and all http and https traffic should go only with this wan2 link how can i do appreciate your help.

Note: All existing user which were browsing with wan1 should go now with wan2.. how to do without changing anything in existing policies 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors