Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
marcog86
New Contributor II

Fortigate Firewall - Release 6.2.x - SSL VPN

Hi

I've just update firmware from 6.0.14 to 6.2.0 and I found that 10 free VPN license on previous release is deleted.

Now, if I need to enable 10 VPN SSL connection on new release, what do I do?

What is EMS?

Thanks

Marco

1 Solution
pciurea
Staff
Staff

Hello Marco 

FortiOS 6.0 Branch had a free 10 license for  full Forticlient functionality (UTM+VPN)

When upgrading to newer branches the full licenses are lost, but you can still use the free VPN only FortiClient version - there is no limit to how many free VPN only Forticlient you can use to connect to the Fortigate using VPN connection.

EMS stands for Endpoint Management, and its used to manage licensed Forticlient. 

With the EMS free trial license, it is possible to provision and manage FortiClient on three Windows, macOS, and Linux endpoints and ten Chromebook endpoints indefinitely. 

But if you only need the VPN functionality, the VPN only Forticlient is the way to go.

Further info: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiClient/Technical-Tip-FortiClient-licensing-and-support/ta-p/1...

Hope this helps,

P.C. 

"Serenity now. Insanity later"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pciurea
Staff
Staff

Hello Marco 

FortiOS 6.0 Branch had a free 10 license for  full Forticlient functionality (UTM+VPN)

When upgrading to newer branches the full licenses are lost, but you can still use the free VPN only FortiClient version - there is no limit to how many free VPN only Forticlient you can use to connect to the Fortigate using VPN connection.

EMS stands for Endpoint Management, and its used to manage licensed Forticlient. 

With the EMS free trial license, it is possible to provision and manage FortiClient on three Windows, macOS, and Linux endpoints and ten Chromebook endpoints indefinitely. 

But if you only need the VPN functionality, the VPN only Forticlient is the way to go.

Further info: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiClient/Technical-Tip-FortiClient-licensing-and-support/ta-p/1...

Hope this helps,

P.C. 

"Serenity now. Insanity later"
marcog86
New Contributor II

Hi

Excuse me for delay. Thank you for your answer, I can access by VPN with indeterminate number of users. But if I should need VPN + UTM over FortiOS. What do i need?

Thanks

Marco

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors