Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
seth57
New Contributor

Fortigate - Fiablilty issue

Hello

I'm working for a Fortinet gold partner

We are encountering many problems with devices ( 60D, 200D, 1500D, etc )

Flash drives are continuously defective after a few monthes ( weeks sometime )

EXT3-fs error (device sd(8,17)): ext3_get_inode_loc: unable to read inode block - inode=106581, block=425991

EXT3-fs error (device sd(8,17)) in ext3_reserve_inode_write: IO failure

EXT3-fs error (device sd(8,17)) in ext3_orphan_add: IO failure

Fortinet explained us that we are the only with these problems

Could you please tell us if you are facing the same ?

Thanks

NSE6

NSE6
3 REPLIES 3
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm manageing around 40+ Fortigates, many of them small (60C, 80C, 60D, 70D, 90D), and up to 1500D. Only the small FGTs die from flash cancer, and many more than, say, 3-4 years ago. Usually, I bring them back to life for the first time (by formatting and reloading firmware and config) but then they fail some time later again, and that's time for an RMA.

Lo and behold, of course all FGTs now run with the minimal logging or no local logging at all. Some 80Cs log into memory, that's sufficient for small installations.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
seth57

we are using more than 100 devices

aold models were not affected

it started with D series

We are continuously facing this problem ( 2 x 200D + 1 x 60D since last week )

Some of our clients are Hospitals, banks, it is really hard to explain them that fortinet is providing quality products ...

NSE6

NSE6
ShrewLWD

Very much agree, its not just you, and its late model C, various model D.  Of course, they also always want a HQIP test first, even though the boot console capture is pretty much stating the obvious.

We are convinced they switched flash provider for both, and are now facing a 'Bulging Capacitor' nightmare (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague)

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors