Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mhekscrip
New Contributor

Fortigate 90D web filtering problem

Hi All,

Sorry I'm newbee here at this firewall. Kindly help me how to solve this issue. This past days the link shown in the pics is making our network very slow and sometimes packets are lost. I tried to put all restriction on web filtering and application control but still very persistent. does anyone here encounter this and solve the issue?

Thanks for the help

4 REPLIES 4
hmtay_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi mhekscrip,

Those sessions are coming from users trying to access Google services. gvt*.com is YouTube related. Did you set the Application Control signatures "QUIC" and "YouTube" to block? The other 2 indicates that users are trying to upload a file onto the servers.

You have 2 options here.

1. Block the Google services like Gmail, Google.Docs, etc and prevent access to those services. The bad thing is you prevent users from accessing the services entirely.

2. Block the Upload/Download component of those services. The con is you have to enable deep-inspection.

HoMing

NotMine

You can also use traffic shaping to limit the amount of bandwidth specific users and/or applications can use.

NSE 7

All oppinions/statements written here are my own.

NSE 7 All oppinions/statements written here are my own.
ede_pfau

Any chance you use a ADSL line? In this case even a moderate upload can starve the download link. Apply traffic shaping "per IP" for this host to regain control.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
MikePruett
Valued Contributor

I just had this issue for a client and doing what EDE recommended resolved majority of the issue.

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors