Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
interbook
New Contributor

Fortigate 80C Wan1 stop responding

Hi, I am new to this forum, and I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question. I have a 80C Fortigate with v4.0 firmware, build0342,120227 (MR2 Patch 11) and in the last month, something strange happens with the wan1 interface ... at some point, it stops responding ... if reboot the Forti, then it works correctly.

I have wan1 configured with a static IP and connected to the router from my ISP.

The wan2 is configured with ppoe (working without problems).

External1 to 5 configured with static IP and working perfectly.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Alejandro.

1 REPLY 1
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

When this happens again, connect to the 80C with a console cable and open a terminal session (e.g. putty); check the status of the wan1 port.  (eg. get system interface, diag hardware deviceinfo nic wan1 ).  Check for any errors (e.g. WAN1 flip-flopping or duplex/speed mismatch).  If you have load-balancing setup between the two WAN ports, you will want to configure Dead Gateway Detection.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors