Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
X_
New Contributor

Fortigate 100F SFP+ Links - Does it support propper LACP with 3rd Party Switches ?

Hi everyone,  i've searched about this new reference about if there is any limitation on the 2 SFP+ Ports described as "SFP+ FortiLink Slots" in the unit Datasheet or if they can be used as 2 regular switched ports and they can be configured in a LACP Aggregation to a Stacked Core unit like HPE Comware IRF based stacked or Aruba VSF based Stacked switches.  Could anyone please confirm if this is possible? or if "SFP+ Fortilink Slots" are just be able to be used with Fortiswitches and if there is need to integrate with 3rd parties it is necessary to do it via 1 Gbps interfaces ?

Thank you very much.

6 REPLIES 6
James_G
Contributor III

I've been told this is possible by fgt se, but can't test myself Fortilink switches come with default config to connect to fortiswitches, but this can be changed
Markus
Valued Contributor

Hi and welcome to the Forums. We have several boxes (200D, 500E, 1200D, 600E, 1000C) with SFP and SFP+ Ports with Aggregation to ProCurve 3800 Stacks and Comware IRF. I can confirm this is possible with Comware IRF and ProCurve Stack. We haven't Aruba with VSF yet, but I think this should work, as it's normal 802.3ad (Standard) Aggregation.

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

LACP is LACP so yes, you might need to adjust for slow/fast timers but aggregrate ethernet is doable.

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
James_G
Contributor III

i think the question is can "FortiLink" ports be used for general use - as I said above, my SE said yes

ignore sidetrack about LACP

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Ah my bad, I believe those ports can be used  as  SFP+ or  dedicated FortiLink port. So if you want to  build a single or dual+ LAG you can do that on that port.

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
X_
New Contributor

Thank you very much for your responses, We will include the Fortigates to the project and let you guys know how they work then :) thanks.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors