Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Iven_Conjamalay
New Contributor

Fortigate 100D Best & Latest stable firmware

Hi Geeks,

I need to upgrade my 100D, i currently have version 6.2.2 and i saw that the latest is 6.2.10.

I need some feedbacks from you guys, to confirm about the latest most stable version to go for.

Definitely i won't go for the latest, or atleast not until it stabilizes.

You comments and advices are most welcome.

Iven Conjamalay
Iven Conjamalay
4 REPLIES 4
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi,

in general, patch updates within the same main line (in your case, v6.2) are recommended and seldomly dangerous. Changing into a different main line (v6.4 or v7.0) needs deeper inspection of "What's new" and Release Note documents, some research on the Forums etc.

Best practice says "do not jump onto the zero patch" or even patches 0-4. So, for v6.2 you can update to v6.2.10 without hesitation. If available, I would even try to upgrade to v6.4.8 which is stable, as this new main line offers a lot of improvements.

But, IMHO, putting v7.0 onto a production FGT is asking for trouble at the moment. It might work well, but chances for malfunctions are higher in v7 than in v6.2 or v6.4.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
mhe
Contributor II

Latest 6.2 is stable.

pavankr5
Staff
Staff

Hello,

Hope you are doing good. Please be informed every version has it own solved and known issues please check the release notes concerned with the version and you can go with the version which is suitable for your setup environment. For your information the last firmware version 100D can support is 6.2.15.

Let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks, 

Pavan

mle2802
Staff
Staff

Hi @Iven_Conjamalay,

It is very hard to tell which version is more stable than which one. However, you can check the resolved issue on each one. Please refer to the "release note" section for more information "https://docs.fortinet.com/product/fortigate/6.2"

Regards,
Minh

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors