Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
DX-RTR-Group
New Contributor II

Forticlient the Store on Windows 10 ARM based system error -30008000

Since a week I've end users which are using a Surface Pro X (ARM based windows 10)

The following error:

SSLVPN Error: code=-30008000(v1.0.1040).
Invalid authentication cookie. Authentication failed.

I've tried to clear the credentials. removed the client, but it doesn't work. it has been updated to the latest version.  (v1.0.1040)

With support I can't continue. It looks they don't understand about which client I'm talking about.  And I can't find some information further about this product. 

Unfortunately the normal VPN client isn't supported on an ARM based system and I can't get it working in emulation mode. Because the vpn client thinks the system isn't proper configured. 

hope someone has an idea how to solve this problem

11 REPLIES 11
OCuser
New Contributor

I recently had that error: 

SSLVPN Error: code=-30008000(v1.0.1040).
Invalid authentication cookie. Authentication failed.

And around the same time it popped up I had replaced my ssl cert so I was sure it was related to that. But...after checking that my fw was using the new cert (VPN / SSL-VPN Settings)&(User&Device/Authentication Settings) that didn't fix it. It turned out my LDAP server was unreachable temporarily. After I addressed that, the connection started working again. 

As far as clients go it looks like there will not be an ARM version so with my Surface Pro X's I continue to use the Windows built-in VPN. You probably already know that connection string https://xxx.xxx.xxx:443?ice=1 will get you connected at least. I'm replacing my X's with 8's this month, which really is too bad because I liked the X.

DX-RTR-Group
New Contributor II

We didn't replace any certificates. Suddenly I noticed an update in the windows store with a version who was fixed. It doesn't matter i hope Fortinet will launch a normal VPN Client also for ARM based systems.

Changing from X to an 8 is an option if you can do that.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors