Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
BlakeR
New Contributor

Forticlient stuck "connecting"

I have client device running MacOS 10.14 where the Forticlient just gets stuck saying connecting, I've tried both VPN and SSLVPN options (both are configured on the Fortigate).

I am not getting any error messages which is not help as is Fortinet supplying an application they won't provide support for. 

I have also tried using an iOS device and I get an error message saying "internal error".

I have reinstalled multiple times and exported the logs on the MacOS side and nothing jumps out as being a problem.

2 REPLIES 2
ejfernandezc
New Contributor

I have a similar issue.

I started getting a connection error when trying to connect, I assumed it was a pending security update, so I applied the macOS Mojave 2021-005 Security Update.

From that moment I get the same symptom that you mention.

The difference with your case is that I can connect using IOS.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and I have the same problem, "Status: Connecting" and nothing else.

Hope they didn't deprecate the macOS 10.14.x

Regards,

ejfernandezc
New Contributor

BlakeR wrote:

I have client device running MacOS 10.14 where the Forticlient just gets stuck saying connecting, I've tried both VPN and SSLVPN options (both are configured on the Fortigate).

I am not getting any error messages which is not help as is Fortinet supplying an application they won't provide support for. 

I have also tried using an iOS device and I get an error message saying "internal error".

I have reinstalled multiple times and exported the logs on the MacOS side and nothing jumps out as being a problem.

Hello @BlakeR,

I found a workaround,

Use the FortiClient VPN Uninstaller in the app folder to remove the FortiClientVPN.

Install for example the https://links.fortinet.com/forticlient/mac/fabricagent , this will download the file FortiClient_7.0.0.22_macosx.dmg

Install it and open the FortiClient.app, just configure the Remote Access panel on the left of the app window.

I hope this help you,

Kind regards,

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors