Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Foxx
New Contributor III

Forticlient - save password

I'm using Forticlient configuration tool 6.0.10 to create a custom installer. It works great incl. the modification to the configuration file to add the username in to the installer file.

But I'm struggling to add the password in to the configuration file.

Our clients are the older generation and I would like to make it happen that when a client receive the customized Forticlient installer he just have to install it and the remote login works automatically after the installation.

Can someone please help me to achieve this.

Many thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
AEK
Honored Contributor II

Customer should know that this is not a good practice when we talk security, since you pack the configured client with the credentials, in case someone get the pack then he has all what he needs to connect.

At least you provide the pack and credentials separately, e.g.: by SMS for more security.

AEK
AEK
Foxx
New Contributor III

Thanks AEK for your advice and you're right. To solve my issue I have written a little GUI program in visual studio who inserts a hidden  password in to the forticlient password field, so my clients cannot see the password and once the password is entered the forticlient connects then automatically. Thanks again and have a good one. :) 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors