Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tarunnurat
New Contributor

Forticlient can't connect to VPN on M1 Macbook Air

Hi,

I have a macbook with an M1 chip and can't get Forticlient v7 to work. I have tried v6 as well. My coworker with an Intel Macbook has Forticlient v6 running perfectly and can connect to our VPN with no issues. Going through the logs, I see the following errors.

Support/Fortinet/FortiClient/conf/epctrl.plist" not exist
20211129 12:30:27 [FortiTray:INFO] VpnManager.swift:611 VPN connecting
20211129 12:30:27 [FortiTray:INFO] VpnManager.swift:670 VPN disconnecting
20211129 12:30:27 [FortiTray:INFO] VpnManager.swift:591 VPN disconnected because of error: Tunnel error: startTunnelFailed

Anyone has any idea about this? And has anyone with an M1 macbook managed to use Forticlient successfully to connect to their VPN? I can attach logs if needed.

Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14
tarunnurat

Hi, I managed to get Forticlient to work on my M1 using this iPad version from the app store.

https://apps.apple.com/in/app/forticlient-vpn/id1475674905

AlvinBishop
New Contributor

I have no problem connecting to a VPN on my MacBook. Try to choose another VPN or update your operating system. Sometimes your computer is too rebooted due to many applications and system garbage. In such cases, it is necessary to conduct regular diagnostics to detect problems in the early stages of development. I have encountered such a problem as Safari notifications popping up on my MacBook. Notifications from different websites are not always useful and necessary, so disabling notifications is the most sensible solution to this problem. I left the notifications from the websites I wanted and just changed their display in the browser. It's much more convenient to get notifications this way. The ways to disable and configure notifications are described here.

FortiDave
New Contributor III

Same issue here, tried all fixes. Please resolve this FNT :(

tarunnurat

Have you tried the iPad app I linked above? That is the only thing working for me.

s0unt

Did not help me personally. M1 Pro. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors