Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
andrejk
New Contributor

Forticlient blank screen

Lastest version 6.0.0.0067, win10pro PC all updated ,no antivirus , nothing special , everything works on other 100+ PCs. The screen goes blank right after starting the console with just a help option in the right corner. Tried reinsalling ,delete folder, registry entries. Anything else to try ? see pic attachment

1 Solution
cinsdikici

I am using W520 and Win10x64 (having 2 display adapter: Nvidia and Intel]. I have come accross with the same issue. The solution is about disabling Nvidia display driver from Device manager. [Right click on Computer icon, choose Manage, from Device Management, show Display Adapters. Right click on Nvidia and disable it].

Asst.Prof.Dr. Muhammed Cinsdikici, Ph.D. e-mail: cinsdikici@gmail.com mobile: +90(505) 891 9481 work : +90(232) 342 3232 ext:116

View solution in original post

Asst.Prof.Dr. Muhammed Cinsdikici, Ph.D. e-mail: cinsdikici@gmail.com mobile: +90(505) 891 9481 work : +90(232) 342 3232 ext:116
15 REPLIES 15
neonbit
Valued Contributor

I had this same issue with a linux install, was blank when it loaded. I just uninstalled and reinstalled FortiClient and it was working again.

Just to confirm, is the language of the Win10 machine Hungarian?

andrejk

Language is Slovenian. Language shouldnt be a problem as it works fine on other 100+ clients.

neonbit
Valued Contributor

The only reason I ask is that there's a bug in 6.0.0 where FortiClient shows a blank screen like you have, but it seems it's only for computers with Hungarian language. Could possibly be related. The bug is fixed in 6.0.1. 

omfk
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue on a German W7Prof with Forticlient 6.0.0.67. As you mentioned 6.0.1 is there a possibility to test this version?

As 6.0.0.67 is running fine on all other machines here with the same basic setup are there any other possibilities what could cause this issue?

BR

Frank

omfk
New Contributor

This problem is solved. I was in contact directly with the Fortinet-Support and after  a remote support session with a developer they were able to pinpoint the issue.Many thanks again to them.

The issue was/is caused by the fact that Forticlient was incorrectly using a needed dll from a different product installed on my computer instead of the dll supplied by itself.

BR

Frank

wernersaurus

Frank,

got the exact same issue using 6.0.0  and 6.0.1  - can you make the Fortinet-Support fix public? Seems I am experiencing that same issue ....

In view of another entry below - my OS is Windows 7 Enterprise X86 (32-bit version)

Thanks

Werner

stpalme

Same problem here, German Windows 10 Ent 1709, FC 6.0.1. Happens only in minimal installation (Feature_Core,Feature_Basic,Feature_SSLVPN,Feature_VPN), when I install it with Feature_EndPointNAC, which I actually don't use, the FC console UI comes up normal.  I am also interested in that dll fix.

BR

Steffen

stpalme

Same blank screen problem under Windows 7 Ent. By the way, I am not a friend of the new GUI, looks impersonal and bland, what about the avartar picture, it's a antivirus and vpn client!!! But IPSEC connection establishment is way faster than with 5.4 or 5.6 clients.

omfk
New Contributor

Dear Werner and Steffen,

I'm on vacation right now and don't have access to my laptop. I don't think that I'm allowed to distribute my version anyway and it might be that it would not work for you. I would suggest that you write an email to forticlient-feedback@fortinet.com and describe your issue. They are very helpful and quick in response.

BR

Frank

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors