Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
randomcatperson
New Contributor

Forticlient as basic VPN client?

Hi, this seems like a real noob question, however I can't seem to find a simple answer.

I understand that Forticlient is end point protection that requires licensing.

Is it safe to assume you can simply use Forticlient software as the VPN client without any special licensing - should you desire it?

1 Solution
andyway85
New Contributor II

Hi,

FortiClient security features are free, the licensing is if you want it to manage your endpoint from an endpoint manager such as EMS, or if you want to apply Telemetry properties from a FortiGate such as FortiClient Telemetry, i think that app control is also licensed.

The antivirus, web filtering, vpn client (only to fortigates devices) is free.

Don't know if that is what you were looking for 

Best regards,

Andres

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
andyway85
New Contributor II

Hi,

FortiClient security features are free, the licensing is if you want it to manage your endpoint from an endpoint manager such as EMS, or if you want to apply Telemetry properties from a FortiGate such as FortiClient Telemetry, i think that app control is also licensed.

Best regards,

Andres

randomcatperson

andyway85 wrote:

Hi,

Best regards,

Andres

Thanks Andres, this is precisely what I wanted to know. Stars given and accepted answer. Thanks again, CrazyCatMan

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm not commenting for starts :) But if you really want the FC work as a simple VPN client, you can disable endpoint control and vulnerability scan by backuping the config and seach the keyword <endpoint_control> (relatively closer to the top) and <vulnerability_scan> (toward the end) and set "0" like below:

<endpoint_control>

<enabled>0</enabled>

<vulnerability_scan>

<enabled>0</enabled>

Then restore the config file.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors