Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Tutek
Contributor

Forticlient android app no internal dns reslution

Hi,

I would ask if Forticlient app 7.0.2.0031 have any problems with internal dns resolution, because when I do ping from phone I cannot access any internal servers, I can ping using IP but do not have internal names resolution. If I'm trying to access host +dns suffix then dns request go out to internet not to my internal dns. I use the same connection with the same settings but on windows computer and I have internal dns resolution without any problems.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Tutek, 

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 

Raja- Fortinet Community Team 

ctanev1
Staff
Staff

Hi,

Do you use split DNS in ssl vpn?

There was an issue with dual-stack and DNS resolution.

In Windows, the split DNS with dual-stack was resolved by disabling multi-homed name resolution.

Maybe you can test by disabling ipv6.

Best Regards

Chavdar Tanev
Bistrol
New Contributor II

Hi,

I've the same problem.

SSL VPN DNS resolution works on Apple Smartphone, on Windows Computers but no DNS resolution on Android devices...

Do you find a solution ?

Regards

Witold_Tosta
New Contributor

Hello guys,

This i my solution for DNS resolution problem for SSL VPN connections from Android client.
Open CLI, and run:

config vpn ssl settings
set dns-suffix "yourlocaldomain.com"
set dns-server1 IP_address_of_your_local_dns_server
end

This helped in my case. What is interesting, the IP address resolution for Windows clients works fine without setting CLI commands.

Best regards.

gmisa

This worked awesome!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors