Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mtellso510
New Contributor II

Forticlient and Citrix Receiver

I am having performance problems with Citrix receiver when running forticlient real-time AV protection.  The symptoms I see are mouse & Keyboard become very slow to respond in the citrix session.  When trying to type, there will be a lag in the keystrokes showing up that could be ip to 1 second.  Mouse performance is similarly lagging.  If I disable the real-time protection, keyboard and mouse response become normal and responsive again.  I am currently running Forticlient version 5.4.0 but have seen this as far back as 5.2.3.  I am running citrix receiver version 4.3 but have seen the issue with several other versions as well.

One thing I have tried that has worked in the past was to make a folder exclusion for the location that the citrix receiver is installed.  That is no longer working.

I have also tried deleting the cache.dat file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Fortinet\FortiClient.  That seems to work for a period of time, but the problem always returns after a period of time.

Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
ewhiteway
New Contributor

I just ran in to the same thing - seems to be worse on Win 10 - than win 7.  I had to fully remove the forticlient  on win10- Citrix was un-usable with it running.

Did you get anywhere with it?

mtellso510

I just discovered something today that appears to help.

In the forticlient configuration, disable the proxy setting (under File - Settings).  I assume this changes the scanning to be flow based.  After making the change, latency is similar to having Forticlient inactive.

ewhiteway

ok I'll try that - in EMS (for reference) - under the profiles - system settings - 'show advanced options' - fortiproxy

Sebastiaan_Koopmans

Dont forget that if you disable the fortiproxy , also webfilter module becomes inactive...

FortiAnalyzer / 6.4.0

FortiClient / 6.2.6 FortiClient EMS VM / 6.2.6

FortiGate 300D HA 6.2.4 FortiGate 500E HA 6.2.4 FortiGate 30E / 60E / 100E / 6.0.9 FortiMail VM HA / 6.4.0 FortiSandbox VM / 3.2.0

FortiWeb VM / 6.3.2

FortiManager VM / 6.4.0

FortiAnalyzer / 6.4.0 FortiClient / 6.2.6 FortiClient EMS VM / 6.2.6 FortiGate 300D HA 6.2.4 FortiGate 500E HA 6.2.4 FortiGate 30E / 60E / 100E / 6.0.9 FortiMail VM HA / 6.4.0 FortiSandbox VM / 3.2.0 FortiWeb VM / 6.3.2 FortiManager VM / 6.4.0
Mark_Holtkamp

Same here on win10 and Citrix. Will try disabling fortiproxy.

ewhiteway

Anyone heard of an actual FIX for the problem?

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Here what you need todo;

exclude the  files/folders that citrix is trying to use. Read the  CTX solution article for tips/advice.

http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX127030

Or

Disable  AV while using citrix ( you might be able to powershell that for example on windows )

Or 

have the fgt pass down settings when on-net and set the fclient to disable the AV

Or

Shutdown forticlient if it's not need while using citrix

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors