Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dbugeja
New Contributor

Forticlient VPN

I have an issue with FortiClient VPN saying: "forticlient vpn unable to establish vpn connection. The vpn server may be unreachable(-6005)". I need to have this issue fixed as it is very urgent and I spent a week and a half trying to resolve it. Users who already have fortclient vpn installed as a licensed version, it is working for them but when they uninstalled and reinstalled it's not working for them.Screenshot.PNG

1 Solution
FortiMax_it
Contributor

6 REPLIES 6
FortiMax_it
Contributor

dbugeja

Tk you for the link but at the moment I have an authentication error. So until I have that resolved, do you have any other possible solutions for me to try out?

Christian_89
Contributor III

Which Fortigate firmware are you using?

Which client version are you using?

dbugeja

The forticlient version I'm using is 7.0.6 and I'm using forticlient VPN

btan
Staff
Staff

Hi dbugeja,

Do you mean the SSLVPN connected just fine when a licensed FCT is installed?

Kindly check if your FGT is configured to allow only EMS-joined FCT to connect SSLVPN:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Restricted-SSL-VPN-to-FortiClient-connecte...

Is this issue OS-specific? (happens only to Windows or macOS)?

We have to narrow down whether the issue is in FGT side or endpoint side.

It is best to troubleshoot via a FortiCare ticket with your FGT S/N or EMS S/N.

Regards,
Bon
dbugeja
New Contributor

Hi all. Sry I couldn't reply sooner but I just fixed my problem with Forticlient VPN so I would like to tk FortiMax_it for providing me with the solution to fix it

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors