Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
florin
New Contributor

Forticlient & VPN not usable under windows 10

I've started yesterday by installing Forticlient, "VPN only feature". Was not working at all. I mean in console was not usable, just a "Navigation to the webpage was canceled", settings again displayed nothing.

After trying to run it in compatibility mode or as admin, gave up, uninstalled it an reinstalled "full flavor". Now some things started to work, it was showing some messaged. But still not working.

So next was to let windows update to latest build, "Version 10.0.14257 Build 14257" (Insider build)

Now I was able to view the screens configure a VPN connection (SSL-VPN) and try to connect to it.

1st attempt caused a windows crash. Next attempts ended with connection going up to 48% and then show a "Access denied.  (-455)" message.

As a side note, when trying to click on systray icon and select "connect to .... vpn" I only got a "Failed to start Forticlient Console." message. (does not take UAC into account?)

Is this software suppose to work somehow?

Is there one being able to use it?

1 Solution
kolawale_FTNT

florin wrote:

let windows update to latest build, "Version 10.0.14257 Build 14257" (Insider build)

Now I was able to view the screens configure a VPN connection (SSL-VPN) and try to connect to it.

1st attempt caused a windows crash.

The Windows OS crash occurs after upgrading to the latest Windows OS insider build 14257. Development team is working to resolve this in FortiClient 5.4.1.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
sinmae
New Contributor III

you have to first unregister that client on your fortixx device.

client have to be connected to network and be able to talk to fortixxx device.

after policy gets updated, you will be able to uninstall from control panel.

same problems here, I even have to deny ACL on fortinet folders in program files and delete all files manually (after reset, when client was not able to start anymore. "tamper protection" did not worked as it should)

dx

dx
florin
New Contributor

Thanks for the replay, but I'm not sure if this is the exact thread on which you wanted to post to.

kolawale_FTNT

florin wrote:

let windows update to latest build, "Version 10.0.14257 Build 14257" (Insider build)

1st attempt caused a windows crash.

The Windows OS crash occurs after upgrading to the latest Windows OS insider build 14257. Development team is working to resolve this in FortiClient 5.4.1.

florin

Thanks for the info.

Is there also something like a beta version of Forticlient that would include this fix, or do I have to wait for the official release?

sinmae
New Contributor III

its the same with newly released Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14267].

I triyed logon even with User certificate, its still the same.

hopefully update will be released soon :)

dx

dx
kolawale_FTNT

Development provided a change in FortiClient to resolve the BSoD. An interim build is available. Consider contacting Fortinet Support to try it.

egauk
New Contributor II

I opened a ticket last week and interim build 5.4.0.799 was provided.  However, under Windows 10 insider preview it still causes a BSOD immediately after connecting to the VPN.

It should be fixed in 5.4.1 - here is the response from Fortinet support.

"Actually FortiClient 5.4.1 is expected Mar 08, 2016 - Mar 25, 2016. The above date is for guidance purposes and subject to change without notice."

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors