Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
CMVAS_IT
New Contributor II

Forticlient Disconnects

Hi All,

We are having an issue with our Forticlients for a large client of ours. We have a Fortigate in our DC that manages all the FC connections and such, but the FC connection does not stay up for 24 hours. It would randomly disconnect. We can confirm internet stability over the period. We also noticed that the FC would automatically disconnect when you lock your Windows PC while the connection is still active.

Essentially, we want the VPN to remain connected for at least 24 hours and not disconnect when the PC gets locked. Any suggestions/ideas?

Thank you

10 REPLIES 10
drburdette
New Contributor

Under the VPN, then SSL VPN Settings, there is a idle time out setting. Perhaps that is kicking in?

CMVAS_IT
New Contributor II

Hi @drburdette,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, this is actually an IPSec VPN, and not SSL. Do you know of a similar setting for IPSec as well?

Thank you

CMVAS_IT
New Contributor II

bump

Mehdi
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have the same issue on one of clients with IPSec VPN,

sombody told in clients, goes to forticlient VPN->Options and check

" Keep IPSec service running forever unless manually stoped"  and " Start VPN before logging on to Windows" 

but i cant see these options in my client sotware option.

any suggestion?

mgoswami

Hi,

That's probably because you are using the free version of Forticlient.

The free version doesn't have VPN auto-connect/always-up and VPN before logon.

For more information, you may refer to this link:
https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiClient/Technical-Tip-FortiClient-licensing-and-support/ta-p/1...

BR,

Manosh

ralphwestland-root
New Contributor

Same problem with over 100+ VPN clients

Forticlient VPN free version 7.2.2.0864, disconnecting the VPN connection on random times when connected via WLAN ethernetcard. Windows 11 22H2 and 23H2.

Problem started after the upgrade of the forticlient to 7.2.2.0864. Seems no problem when connected via ethernet cable. Downgrade to previous version needs two reeboot of the PC and for now no option.

Vincent_RLG

Same here. But no matter if LAN or WLAN.

Gurdeep
New Contributor

Same here. I tried all Forticlient version 7.0.9, 7.0.10 and 7.2.3. It's been 6 months now Forti team is working on this but no resolution. we tried it with fresh windows 10 installation but no luck. Really bad experience with Forti.

ralphwestland-root
New Contributor

Same problem here, forticlient free 7,2,3,09 connected via WLAN disconnects on random times.

Cable connection no problem at all.

Anyone a sugestion to solve this problem or a Forticlient free version that works with WLAN connections without random disconnects

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors