Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
alweb
New Contributor

Forticlient 5.4.0.0780 - Windows 10 - Stuck in a loop

Hi

my foriclient has been working fine for 3 months until today,  on Windows 10.  Defender is disabled,  no other AV / Spyware etc installed.... have confirmed that Defender isn't running

Started the PC today and I am seeing the windows notification panel flashing constantly with "Update Virus Protection Virus Protection is out of date, Tap or click to update Foritclient Antivirus" which is then after a second or so is replaced with "Update Spyware Protection Spyware Protection is out of date, Tap or click to update Foritclient Antivirus"

This cycles constantly,  if I click the notification, occasionally a windows Security and Maintenance window appears asking me do i want to run this app... the app is "c:\program files (x86)Fortinet\forticlient\FCWsc.exe" ... I allow this... nothing then appears to happen

I can't open the Forticlient Console,  click the tray icon,  select open console... nothing happens.

Can't uninstall as the Forticlient is registered to our Fortigate 110C.

Have de-registered my device on the Fortigate,  restarted the PC,  still stuck in the same loop,  still can't uninstall.

have changed the device profile my PC is using from the Fortigate to not enforce AV, Firewall and Webfilters... this isn't being honored...

Any ideas please,  its currently making my laptop unusable,  can't VPN to work,  lost quite a bit of faith in Forticlient at the moment.

Al

1 Solution
kolawale_FTNT

What is Windows 10 build (from output of command line command: ver)?

As it worked for several weeks without issues, I am wondering if a recent Windows OS upgrade may have started it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
stefan1
New Contributor

Hi

I have the same problem, and need a solution ASAP.

alweb
New Contributor

Hi

My fix was to download the FCRemove.exe from Fortigate website,  its in a bundle of tools, can't remember what it was called,  reboot Windows 10 in recovery mode,  then start up in Safe Mode.   Then you can use the FCRemove program to uninstall the Forticlient,  reboot and its all good.

Have then reinstalled Forticlient choosing the option for VPN install only

I won't be putting it back on and am now looking to remove this from my users laptops too.

Hope that helps

Alex

stefan1
New Contributor

The FCRemover did it for me in Safe Mode ! 

kolawale_FTNT

What is Windows 10 build (from output of command line command: ver)?

As it worked for several weeks without issues, I am wondering if a recent Windows OS upgrade may have started it.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors