Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dfish85
New Contributor II

FortiView Sources SSL VPN Clients

Hello

Is there a way to show SSL VPN clients under Fortiview sources?  I can only see information on internal hosts.  Running version 6.4.8.  Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Debbie_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Dear dfish85,

you should see SSLVPN clients with their SSLVPN IPs, if they are connected via tunnel-mode.

Debbie_FTNT_0-1643907376692.png

Web-mode VPN will not show, as FortiGate basically acts as a proxy for those sessions, with sessions terminating on the FortiGate directly.

There is also an SSLVPN widget where you can see active SSL-VPN (tunnel) connections.

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot +++
dfish85
New Contributor II

Thanks for the response.  They are all tunneled connections but nothing showing in the sources.  I can get the information I need by drilling into the Fortiview policies section but thought it was weird the sources section had no VPN hosts.  Maybe a version issue?  I never really noticed it before.  Thanks

Debbie_FTNT

Hey dfish - the screenshot is from my lab FGT in 6.4.6, I don't think it would be a version issue.

If there is no active traffic through the VPN you're not going to see any sessions; that session in the screenshot is from a ping and disappeared a minute later when the ICMP session timed out.

There is an SSLVPN dashboard widget that shows current tunnels, but doesn't tell you if/how many traffic sessions there are for that tunnel/user

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot +++
robertoperez
New Contributor

you fix that? have same problem

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors