Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
eddperez23
New Contributor

FortiToken Mobile assignation to multiple FortiGates

Hi.

When I purchase a pack of licenses of FortiToken Mobile, can I assigned those licenses to multiple FortiGates? e.g.:

Client A: Has a FG-80E, and need 3 FortiToken Mobile to access to their services through the FG.

Client B: Has a FG-100E, and need 2 FortiToken Mobile to access to their services through the FG.

Can I use the started license pack of 5 FortiToken for both clients?

Regards,

1 REPLY 1
xsilver_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi,

FortiToken Mobile license is, in this matter, as any other Forti* license and so is bonded to SN (serial number) of the unit where it was applied-to / activated-on.

As Mobile tokens inside the license are bonded to that license, and license bonded to specific FortiGate/FortiAuthenticator..

Then you are NOT able to split this license onto multiple, non-related, units.

Non-related mean that FortiToken Mobile license can in fact be split, that's exception, but only among the cluster members.

Therefore whole cluster will share one license for all the clustered users.

There is a way how to use one FortiToken Mobile license and tokens on multiple FortiGate units, but it is through the FortiAuthenticator. Which then serves as central authentication point. All the users and tokens are actually bonded and assigned on FortiAuthenticator. And multiple FortiGates (and even 3rd party products) then ask this FortiAuthenticator via RADIUS protocol for authentication of specific user (who might have Mobile token assigned). That's the only way how to share and use single FortiToken Mobile license on multiple FortiGates.

Otherwise you will need multiple licenses and then you will also have separate mobile tokens in FortiToken Mobile App for specific/separate FortiGates. Instead of single token from FortiAuthenticator for all token authentications.

Hope it's clear now

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors