Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
SecurityPlus
Contributor II

FortiPresence Lite - Request Feedback

Has anyone tried the FortiPresence Lite, free wireless location analytics tool? It looks interesting.
2 REPLIES 2
josh
New Contributor

Yes, I use it at home for a Guest WiFi SSID I broadcast. It works well, though I don't enforce any sort of login for it. I have also just deployed it at another site I manage (family business) with social logins enabled, as I actually want some analytics from this site -- so will keep an eye on how this goes.

The setup is pretty easy really if you follow the guide. The only issue I'm having is that the RADIUS client configuration in FortiPresence doesn't allow you to specify a DNS hostname. This is a requirement for me as the latter site I mentioned has a dynamic IP assigned from the ISP, which means I would have to update the RADIUS client IP address in FortiPresence as it changes.

FortiPresence can be configured within FortiCloudAP as well - so this could be a valid workaround, though I don't have the "FAP Advanced Management License" so it doesn't allow you to block intra-SSID traffic (an obvious requirement for Guest WiFi) and FortiCloudAP doesn't seem to allow you to create tunnel SSIDs like you can when the FortiGate is the controller -- you only have the option for NAT and bridge, and neither of these are ideal in my situation.

SecurityPlus

Thanks! Excellent information.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors