Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
padraig
New Contributor

FortiOS Stable Release?

Hello,

I'm just wondering what FortiOS version everybody is running in production? Seems Fortinet hasn't released a stable release firmware train yet so I'm seeing what everybody is running and having success with?

I'm currently running 6.4.5 on a KVM Virtual machine which experiences a memory leak within the wad process so I'm looking to upgrade to the latest release 6.4.9 but want to see if anyone has experienced any issues?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
matanaskovic
Staff
Staff

Hello,

Usually what we are suggesting is to use latest FortiOS version. 

Latest FortiOS mostly has solved bugs and issues from previous firmware versions.

Before you proceed with upgrade, check FortiGate Release Notes.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.2.0/fortios-release-notes/760203/introduction-and-sup...

Check new features, known issues, resolved issues, etc. and according to those info decide which firmware version will most suits your network environment.

Also, most important thing is to create FortiGate config backup and VM snapshot before any major changes.

Don't forget to stick to the official FortiGate upgrade path.

https://docs.fortinet.com/upgrade-tool

Cheers,

Milos

Milos Atanaskovic
Zhuo
New Contributor III

There is no problem with fortios6.4.9 and fortios7.0 in use. I feel that the stable version with more functions is the latest version of 6.4. I feel that fortios7.2 has to wait.

matanaskovic

Hi,

It is up to you which firmware version you would like to use.

You can keep working with 6.4 or 7.0 and if you get any kind of issue with it, feel free to create a case with us.

Regards

Milos Atanaskovic
ipodgorny
New Contributor

I've tried 7.0.6, 7.2.1 and they have issues especially with FortiManger. My gut feeling is that the issues are FortiManager related and not so much FortiGate firmware, but can't run 7.x.x FG on an older FM, thus downgrading to 6.4.<latest> on both FGs and FM.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors