Fullmoon
Contributor III
5 Solutions
simonorch

Upgraded my lab 60E and noticed either a deliberate change in behaviour or a bug but i couldn't find it in the notes.

 

when dhcp dns settings are at default (same as system dns) and the WAN/internet connection retrieves dns servers from dhcp, the previous behaviour was for the dhcp aquired dns servers to be used in internal dhcp scopes. Now it uses the configured system dns (fortiguard by default), which could be fatal for users if you have restricted dns traffic in your policies

 

I haven't tested this on any other boxes to confirm so i could be mistaken but be aware

NSE8 Fortinet Expert partner - Norway

View solution in original post

bascheew
New Contributor III

Another bug.  In IPS, the severity column is blank!  You can't filter on severity as a result.

 

View solution in original post

neonbit
Valued Contributor

bascheew wrote:

Another bug.  In IPS, the severity column is blank!  You can't filter on severity as a result.

 

I can confirm I'm seeing the same thing. No severity or targets are populated in the GUI for IPS signatures so you can't filter on them.

 

*edit* Yup it's a known bug, scheduled to be fixed in 6.2.3.

View solution in original post

bascheew
New Contributor III

thuynh wrote:

Hi bascheew, we could not reproduce the issue in our lab. Can you provide more details on your config (FGT model, FAP model, how's the FAP profile is setup, etc). Does it happen to new FAP profile? Your gif also doesnt work. 

 

The Fortigate is 500e, APs are 421E.  I cloned the profile and the same thing happened on the cloned profile.  Let's see if this GIF works:

 

View solution in original post

thuynh_FTNT

Hi Richard, this is just a display issue. You should still be able to configure IPS profile and the feature still works as before.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
simonorch

I think perhaps you need to update your Kb article 

 

https://kb.fortinet.com/kb/documentLink.do?externalID=FD38704

 

 

NSE8 Fortinet Expert partner - Norway

boneyard
Valued Contributor

AlexFeren wrote:

sigmasoftcz wrote:
Finally add support for wildcard FQDN addresses in firewall policy!
After being removed in 5.4?

Wildcard FQDNs dont make sense in a firewall policy which is layer 3 / layer 4 based. They cant add it without confusing people and wondering why things dont work as expected.

boneyard
Valued Contributor

boneyard wrote:

AlexFeren wrote:

sigmasoftcz wrote:
Finally add support for wildcard FQDN addresses in firewall policy!
After being removed in 5.4?

Wildcard FQDNs dont make sense in a firewall policy which is layer 3 / layer 4 based. They cant add it without confusing people and wondering why things dont work as expected.

but they did in 6.2.2 and it does seem to work better then expected.

https://kb.fortinet.com/k....do?externalID=FD46573

thuynh_FTNT

bascheew wrote:

I think I found a bug.

 

On AP Profiles, if SSIDs are manually assigned and you choose to view the profile, the SSID fields will be blank and if you press OK then you save the profile with no SSIDs.  If you're not paying attention you'll easily miss that you just removed any SSIDs!

 

See attached gif for how to reproduce:

Hi bascheew, we could not reproduce the issue in our lab. Can you provide more details on your config (FGT model, FAP model, how's the FAP profile is setup, etc). Does it happen to new FAP profile? Your gif also doesnt work. 

thuynh_FTNT

simonorch wrote:

Upgraded my lab 60E and noticed either a deliberate change in behaviour or a bug but i couldn't find it in the notes.

 

when dhcp dns settings are at default (same as system dns) and the WAN/internet connection retrieves dns servers from dhcp, the previous behaviour was for the dhcp aquired dns servers to be used in internal dhcp scopes. Now it uses the configured system dns (fortiguard by default), which could be fatal for users if you have restricted dns traffic in your policies

 

I haven't tested this on any other boxes to confirm so i could be mistaken but be aware

Hi simonorch, thank you for reporting the behaviour. This is actually a regression bug (internal reference M0589234) where incorrect DNS server is offered in management VDOM per your observation. This will be fixed in the next release.

ajuDave

Not sure if it's a widespread bug or just happening to us, but we're getting SSLVPN -455 errors since we upgraded last night, but only on FortiToken users.

bascheew
New Contributor III

thuynh wrote:

Hi bascheew, we could not reproduce the issue in our lab. Can you provide more details on your config (FGT model, FAP model, how's the FAP profile is setup, etc). Does it happen to new FAP profile? Your gif also doesnt work. 

 

The Fortigate is 500e, APs are 421E.  I cloned the profile and the same thing happened on the cloned profile.  Let's see if this GIF works:

 

thuynh_FTNT

Thanks bascheew, so the issue is only with SSID groups (SSID is not impacted). This is a known issue and will be fixed in the next release.