Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
DanielChernovsky
New Contributor

FortiManager and forward-error-correction

Hello all,

Following an upgrade of the Fortimanager and the FortiGate to 7.0.3 (from 6.4.6), we are encountering an issue with installing policy and configuration from the Fortimanager.

The problem is that after the upgrade, a line was added to several interface port (part of aggregation link) configurations (set forward error correction disabled), and when trying to push configuration and policy, the Fortimanager removes this line, and the port becomes unavailable.

On the Fortimanager CLI configuration of this device, the feature is disabled, and this change is not showing on the change revision during the installation.

After each install, I need to connect to the FortiGate and add "set forward error correction disabled" to both of the ports, and the comm restores.

Please advice 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @DanielChernovsky ,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @DanielChernovsky ,

While researching your query, we figured out that the 'FortiManager should not unset the value forward-error-correction with certain FortiGate platforms'. It could be the case that you are facing the known issue mentioned on the link below.

Reference: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Forward-Error-Correction-FEC/ta-p/195247

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors